Granola is often eaten in combination with yogurt, honey, fresh fruit (such as bananas, strawberries or blueberries), milk or other forms of cereal. It also serves as a topping for various pastries, desserts or ice cream.
Home Made Granola
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 Cups spelt flakes
- 1 Cup gluten free oats
- 1 Cup almonds or nuts of your choice
- 1 Cup mixed seeds
- ½ Cup dried apricots
- ½ tsp. Sea salt
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ Cup coconut blossom syrup
- 4 tbsp. Coconut oil
- ½ tsp. Vanilla essence
- 1 Cup banana chips
- 1 Cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit
- Optional: 1 cup cacao nibs
- Add the oats, almonds or nuts, seeds, sugar, sea salt, and cinnamon to a 9 x 11 pan or a baking sheet.
- Toss to mix evenly.
- Measure out syrup into a pan.
- Add the coconut oil and heat.
- Add the vanilla to the syrup and coconut oil.
- Drizzle mixture evenly over the top of the oats mixture. Toss to coat.
- Place the baking tray in the oven on the centre rack.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to evenly coat and to prevent burning and over-browning.
- Take out of the oven when done and cool completely, then add the banana chips, dried cranberries, raisins.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Breakfast
Read more about this chef..